Tuesday 27 March 2007

"I am Gay" says Callea

Anthony Callea the Idol runner up has spoken regarding his sexuality.

"Yes, I am gay,” says Callea. “But I want it clear that I am proud, happy, comfortable and confident in who I am. And I have no issue with my sexuality."

After dodging the rumours surrounding his sexuality since he first sprang onto our TV screens, the former Australian Idol contestant announced his news late yesterday afternoon, with news hitting the public in the wee AM hours of this morning.

"I'm comfortable enough to come clean now,” he says. “It's a weight off my shoulders.”
Adding that he regrets not coming out sooner in his career.

"You learn from your mistakes. I was 21, 22 at the time," he said. “I didn't want to be known as just the gay contestant from Idol. It was a very confusing time."

Whatever his reasons, I am so happy he has decided to be true to himself and his fans.

It’s a great, bold, positive move.

No comments: