Wednesday 16 May 2007

Room Service latest book by Adam Raphael


After almost a decade of shooting in the prosaic confines of a studio, Adam Raphael, 48, felt it was time for a change of scenery.

"I got tired of the studio," he says. "There were always too many people around and the backgrounds became dull." So he began renting hotel rooms, a location that he discovered afforded him endless variety and spontaneity, and one that serendipitously provided him with the premise for a new book.

"As I progressed, the hotels got fancier and fancier," he says.
"If I had booked an incredible model, I didn't want to 'waste' him on an average room, so I went for suites and presidential suites. At the end of every shoot, we would order room service, and that's what gave my partner of 16 years the idea to call the book Room Service."

The models, aged 18 to 26, are both clothed and unclothed, a fitting characteristic, as sensuality, not nudity, is the primal concern.

Room Service is published by PowerHouse Books and is available through Bookwise.
I guess there is still hope for me in my desire to capture the male physique in it's beautiful form. I am very much looking forward to moving to Sydney where boys are waiting to be photographed.

No comments: