Wednesday 28 May 2008

Kylie Celebrates 40 years


Kylie is celebrating her 40th birthday tonight, she’ll be celebrating with an intimate dinner in Paris with sister Dannii, brother Brendan and parents Ron and Carol.

Last year in the UK Kylie was voted the number one gay icon of all time, beating the likes Dolly Parton, ABBA and even Liza. “I am not a traditional gay icon. There’s been no tragedy in my life, only tragic outfits,” says Kylie.


When asked as to why she has such a gay following Kylie responded -  "It’s always difficult for me to give the definitive answer because I don’t have it. My gay audience has been with me from the beginning… they kind of adopted me.”

And is it any wonder? In the eighties and nineties, when the Australian gay community was enjoying an amazing time politically and culturally, we took her under our wing and the rest, as they say, is history.

No comments: