Wednesday 5 March 2008

What an Experience

What an Experience!


This was a 5 year dream to walk proudly up Oxford Street flying the rainbow flag wearing my uniform.  

As I commenced  walking along Elizabeth St and turned up Oxford St my emotions started to take over, I shed a tear or two.

The most incredible moment of the parade was when I saw my closest friend Bruce who was a marshall, I ran to him and gave him a hug and kiss, I then sighted my partner who was against the fence taking photo's.  To be able to embrace with your partner on Oxford St in front of so many people was an amazing feeling.

I had only watched the parade and marshaled prior to this year.  It is very hard to describe the adrenaline that you get.  Walking up Oxford St with 350,000 people watching, screaming, and cheering has to be experienced.

No comments: