Friday 17 August 2007

When a truck isn't large enough


Yesterday was a huge day, so no posts were written!

I have just helped my boy move into our new rental property, a nice 2 bedroom split level apartment close to Oxford St in Sydney. Yesterday was a very long day but we managed, I have never seen so many pairs of shoes, they were coming out of the closet, I now realise I am so not gay in one sense.

I only have about 6 pairs of shoes, the above ship was hired to transport my boys shoes and shirts some of which have still never been worn.

Moving is never stress free and we certainly had our stress, the carpets were friggin filthy, even though they were supposedly cleaned three weeks ago, I had them cleaned and have a lovely sample of the water. Not to mention the condition of the curtains, smell of cats urine, oh how lovely.

So now I'm going to shame the cleaning company. I am considering sending them a sample of the water so they can see how effective their cleaning is.

Anyway my boy is now settled in, so that's great, I will return to Adelaide on Sunday to finalise my property and then pack and drive 1600km across the Hay Plains to be with my boy and with my fabulous friends.

2 comments:

brenton said...

Good luck with the move mate!

Nick said...

Thanks Brenton.. look forward to catching up when I return.