Monday 19 November 2007

Toybox Co-Founder Passes Away

Same Same today announced that Brett Bush, co-founder of Sydney’s Toybox and Luminere parties, has passed away. As one of the most innovative and successful event organisers in Australia he bought joy to thousands of people. His absence will be felt deeply throughout the community.

Brett and his partner Andy started the famous Toybox parties back in 2004 at The Metro on George Street and they grew to become one of the most impressive and sophisticated events seen in the Australian gay scene.

While the circumstances surrounding this tragedy have not yet surfaced, those close to Brett have asked for privacy and respect at this time.

Our thoughts are with all of Brett’s family and friends.

Rumours surfaced a month ago that Brett was very ill, and that was the reason Luminere was cancelled.

I would like to thank both Brett and Andy for bringing so much joy and fun back to the dance party scene. The toybox parties that I attended were the best!!

I am certain I speak for the community when I say that I hope Andy will continue the journey that both he and Brett started and bring the fun back to parties.

The next Toybox is scheduled for Sunday March 2nd 2008.

To bring back some of the memories click on my Toy Box video's in the right hand column.

No comments: